What is SEO and Why is SEO Important
Why is SEO Important?
When the web boom began, people realized it was possible to monetize their site by sharing ads with viewers, and soon after this realization, they wanted to attract traffic. So, what is the best method of attracting traffic? Search engines. At the time, site owners began to strategize on how they could be shown more and more on the first page of search results (knowing this was the means to avoid advertising costs themselves), and thus the SEO craze was born!
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website in the organic results of the different search engines. SEO is one of the “disciplines” that has changed the most in recent years and continues to evolve rapidly every few weeks or months. Although there are thousands of factors in which a search engine bases the positioning on one page or another, there are two underlying factors: authority and relevance.
The popularity of a website. The more popular the information, the more valuable it must be (in the eyes of the search engines). This factor is weighed heavily by search engines. The more the content is shared, the more users have found it useful, and so search engines propagate it to the top of the search results.
The relationship a page has with a given search term, and a search engine result is based on hundreds of on-site factors to determine the relevance for any given search term.
SEO is divided into two broad groups:
- On-site SEO worries about relevance.
- It ensures that the website is optimized so the search engine understands the main themes, which then ensures the “content market fit”.
- Within On-site we would include keyword optimization, loading time, user experience, code optimization, and format of URLs.
- Off-site is the part of SEO work that focuses on factors external to the website where we work.
- The most critical factors in off-site SEO are the numbers and quality of the links, presence in social networks, the mentions in local media, brand authority and performance in the search results, that is, the CTR (Click-through rate) that results in a search engine.
The Main point
- SEO is important because it reduces the costs of obtaining new visitors to your site, and new visitors help you refine your sales funnel, resulting in more conversions, and more revenue. You like money, right? If yes, then SEO is for you!