Our Commitment to Data Protection
Jos. Studios is committed to ensuring you can trust our platform and services, and our approach to privacy, security, and compliance is a principled one. Nothing is more important than the success of our customers and the protection of their data. Our security compliance portfolio is one of the most extensive in our industry. We have also adopted the Cloud Security Alliance Code of Conduct, and we have an appointed Data Protection Officer (DPO).
“Data processing” is a broad term. Basically, Jos. Studios processes the data on behalf of you (customers). According to GDPR, Jos. Studios should also process the data exclusively for the purpose set out by those customers. In this scenario, end-users are the data subjects, Jos. Studios is the data processor, and our customers are the data controllers.
Because we process personal data that our customers collect, we are responsible for:
- Following our customers’ instructions in accordance with the data processing agreement in place.
- Providing detailed information about the security controls we implement in the Jos. Studios Cloud.
- Fulfilling our record-keeping obligations.
- Notifying our customers if we receive requests from their customers that they are exercising their GDPR rights as data subjects for data access and erasure.
- Notifying our customers if we receive requests from EU data privacy authorities (unless prohibited by law enforcement).